Podcast Review: The Hilarious World of Depression



I have a friend who always tells me about podcasts I should be listening to whenever I see her. I usually laugh and then immediately forget what she recommended. Today I am going to channel her enthusiasm and energy to tell about one I just discovered.

Last week a different friend sent me a message on Facebook about “The Hilarious World of Depression” - a new Podcast hosted by John Moe. She did give me the disclaimer that she had not listened, but when she had heard about it she immediately thought of me. Luckily I took this as a compliment!

Two days ago I went back to her message and decided to download the first episode. And before I even finished it, I downloaded every other one. Wow! What an amazing, freeing, educational look at depression and mental illness. I have been recommending it to friends who are in my boat, but today I want to encourage anyone in any boat to listen to this podcast!

The premise of this podcast is talking openly and honestly about all parts of depression (the good, the bad, the ugly) with comedians who have this disease. It is amazing the connection between depression and comedy. The public listens to these funny people tell jokes and stories all day long; however, we are hidden from the other side of these comedians’ lives. Until now. The show is actually funny. And hard to listen to. And validating. And normalizing. And entertaining.

I highly encourage everyone reading this to tune in, and share, “The Hilarious World of Depression.” (And no, I was not paid for this endorsement).  Signing off to listen to the last episode and wait for the next installment!

Comments

Popular Posts